Thursday, July 3, 2008

Quarterback waived

The Vikings waived Kyle Wright in preparation of trying to get down to an 80 man roster for training camp.

I liked the idea of letting Wright try things out, since Miami has an offense that can potentially translate into a QB who can play in the pros, but it is already pretty certain that Frerotte is going to be 2nd string, and John David Booty in my opinion is a better candidate for a "project QB" than Wright. I'm assuming Bollinger will be out of a job by the time pre-season starts, and I'm okay with that. Bollinger just isn't quick enough to be a reliable QB in the pros.

One guy that I think is still on the depth chart that I'd love to see stay is half-back Albert Young. If we keep 4 RBs on the roster he might have a shot, but I'll still call it a long shot. Being a Hawkeye fan obviously makes me a little biased toward him, but I'd love to see him add some depth to our bench. Obviously with AD and Chester around he's not going to get a lot of carries, but depth is never a bad thing.

No comments: